Sunday, July 29, 2007

My first entry to this KAL

Hi everybody. I can't believe I almost forgot to post my monkey socks here now. I had a couple of things going on since I signed up for this KAL. So here they are, my version of Cookie's monkey socks.
They turned out a little to small for me, so they are going to Germany to my sister. She is way overdue for some new socks from me. For my size I would have had to add on another repeat. I did both the heel and the toes with the short row, which is just my preferred method of doing my socks.
Don't know what will come next, but I'll find something.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Pretty monkeys! I love the colors!

tiennie said...

Great job on your monkeys!

Nili said...

Now this is weird... I finished a pair of Monkeys in --- could it possibly be?! --- the same yarn last week!

I'm talking Peterle Sockenwolle from a bargain bin here... The yarn has a somewhat longer yardage than recommended for the pattern, that might be the reason your socks turned out smaller than intended. I had to frog and add stitches to the pattern to make it a Women's L.

It get's even weirder: I did short row toes and heels, too!

BTW, nice job!

Nili ( nili dyde AT yahoo DOT de )