Monday, July 23, 2007

School's in session


I cast on for Isabellas this weekend and so far, so good. Had a few challenges with gauge and sizing, but decided to drop two needle sizes (2.75) and knit the L. I am knitting with a bamboo yarn; I think it will have a nice drape, but will indeed need some blocking. Do any of you have experience using bamboo fiber? I did a few rows on the subway to work this morning, so hence the school books in the background. Apologies for the less than fabulous photo.

I can't wait to see (and be inspired by!) all of your creations!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Oh, I love it so far. Check out the one I did in the post above yours. I love working with Bamboo yarns because they feel so great against the skin. I bet you're going to love wearing it. I heard from someone that there is a way to finish the edging as you are knitting, but I don't know how to do it. I wish I did because I hate the sewing parts.